Help Grow the Next Generation of Film Lovers and Makers
The Northwest Film Center is committed to helping youth explore their creativity, develop skills, and produce exciting work that tells their stories. Our goal is to make this possible for every child and teen with an interest in films and filmmaking, regardless of economic circumstances.
We offer three key youth-focused initiatives:
- TUITION ASSISTANCE FOR YOUTH makes it possible for children and teens of all financial backgrounds to attend a Summer Film Camp or weekend classes.
- FREE SCREENINGS FOR HIGH SCHOOL CLASSES introduce over 3,000 students to international and local films during the Portland International Film Festival and throughout the school year.
- SUPPORT FOR LOW-INCOME MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS through our 7th Grade Film Challenge, a 300-student, production-based collaboration with Portland Public Schools aimed at increasing retention and graduation rates, fostering team-building, teaching technical skills, and building community.
Film is a powerful tool for sharing experience, opening minds, and facilitating dialogue, and the Northwest Film Center is committed to teaching, supporting, and celebrating film in our regional community—at every stage and for every age. This year, we hope you will make a gift to support our robust media arts youth education programs that give voice to the next generation of creators and engaged citizens.
Your gift of any amount is fully tax deductible and qualifies for the Oregon Cultural Trust Tax Credit.
Join the Silver Screen Club
Support the Northwest Film Center by joining the Silver Screen Club and enjoy benefits like free year-round admission, Portland International Film Festival access, special screenings and events and more.
Looking to make a tax-deductible donation of your filmmaking equipment? Have a look at our wish list below and get in touch with us by phone at 503-221-1156. Please make an appointment ahead of time with the Equipment Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange for dropping off equipment.
- HD to 4K digital cine cameras
- Super 8 and 16mm cameras
- Lomo processing tanks
- HD Projectors
- LED light kits
- Cine Lenses (16mm or 35mm)
- Filter sets
- Lowel or Arri lights/kits
- Audio gear (cables/recorders/mics/etc.)
- 6 foot tables
- Banquet chairs in bulk
And remember that a gift to the Northwest Film Center and to the Oregon Cultural Trust entitles you to claim the Oregon Cultural Tax Credit.