Super 8mm and 16mm Processing and Handling
October 28, 2018 — October 28, 2018
Sunday, 10am - 1pm
Learn the “throw your film in a bucket and pour chemistry all over it” method of hand processing Super 8mm Tri-X film, and how to care for and project your Super 8mm or 16mm negative.
- Hand process an exposed roll of Super 8mm or 16mm Tri-X b/w film step by step (yours or ours)
- How hand processing differs from lab developing
- Learn about pushing, pulling, bleach bypass, cross processing
- Learn about alternative chemistries such as cyanotype, special brews and more
- Options for digital transfers: do-it-yourself, NWFC services, commercial resources
- Basic film handling (viewing, splicing, storage)
- How to operate a film projector
- Options for rentals through the Equipment Room
Tuition includes hand processing of one roll of Super 8mm or 16mm Tri-X film and transfer of that one roll to digital. Inquire about additional rolls or transfers.
To learn about shooting Super 8, register for the companion workshop Super 8 Camera Operation.
To learn about shooting 16mm, register for the 16mm Bolex Camera Operation workshop.