Learn to shoot in the classic, analog, home-movie format and become part of our community of Super8mm enthusiasts.
- Attributes of the Super 8mm format (cost, look, workflow)
- How to operate Canon, Minolta and Chinon Super 8mm cameras
- Camera loading, exposure, and light meter techniques
- Film stock and lens options
- Trouble-shooting in the field
- Options for processing: do-it-yourself, NWFC services, commercial resources
- Options for future rentals through the Equipment Room
Tuition includes rental of a Film Center Super 8mm camera from end of class through the following Saturday ($50 value NWFC Artist Rental rate) and one roll of Black & White Tri-X Super 8mm film ($29 value NWFC rate). To hand process your film (Tri-X), register for SUPER 8MM PROCESSING & HANDLING.
*Payment plans are now available!