Super 8 Camera Operation
Learn to shoot in the classic, home movie, analog format and become part of a community of Super8mm enthusiasts.
- Attributes of the Super 8mm format (cost, look, workflow)
- How to operate Canon, Minolta and Chinon Super 8mm cameras
- Camera loading, exposure, and light meter techniques
- Film stock and lens options
- Trouble-shooting in the field
- Options for processing: do-it-yourself, NWFC services, commercial resources
- Options for future rentals through the Equipment Room
Tuition includes rental of a Film Center Super 8mm camera from end of class through Saturday, April 13th and one roll of Black & White Tri-X Super 8mm film. To hand process your film (Tri-X), register for SUPER 8MM PROCESSING & HANDLING.