Use professional sound gear to record scripted dialogue and interviews.
- Overview of microphone types and uses from lavaliers to shotguns
- Single versus dual system recording
- Basics of recording dialogue, interviews, narration, and effects
- Audio recorder operation (Sound Devices 702+MixPre3, Zoom H4N)
- Field mixer operation (Sound Devices MixPre)
- Protocols of a recording session
- Setting up and conducting a recording session, step by step
- Rental options for NWFC sound gear
Tuition includes a 48-hour rental of a sound kit including either the Zoom or MixPre3, Shotgun Mic, headphones, and XLR cable with boom pole or mic stand (value $112 NWFC Artist Rental Rate). Equipment reservations must be made at the end of the workshop and can be good for pick-up dates up to two weeks later.