Sound Recording Workshop
March 3, 2018 — March 10, 2018
Saturdays | 1pm-5pm | 2 Sessions
Use professional sound gear to record scripted dialogue and interviews.
- Overview of microphone types and uses from lavaliers to shotguns
- Single versus dual system recording
- Basics of recording dialogue, interviews, narration, and effects
- Audio recorder operation (Marantz PMD-660, Sound Devices 702, Zoom H4N)
- Field mixer operation (Sound Devices MixPre and 302)
- Protocols of a recording session
- Setting up and conducting a recording session, step by step
- Get Instructor coaching and feedback on practice sessions
- Rental options for NWFC sound gear
Note: Second session is devoted entirely to hands-on practice.