January 23, 2020 – February 20, 2020
Thursdays | 6:30-9:30 pm | 5 Sessions
Introduction to editing styles, concepts, and techniques using Adobe Premiere. Bring your own footage or use provided footage. Get comfortable with the software, and editing workflow. We’ll alternative between lecture/demo and open time for you to try out techniques with instructor support and feedback. Time outside of class is helpful for further work on assignments, up to two hours a week.
- How editing (sound and picture) creates meaning
- Features and layout of Adobe Premiere software
- Setting up a project and organizing your materials
- Defining what you are trying to accomplish
- Principles of continuity: matching action and montage editing styles
- Experimenting with rhythm and pacing
- Adding sound effects, text, music, and narration
- Basics of titles
- How to troubleshoot along the way
- Get Instructor feedback and guidance for your editing
Tuition includes access to Film Center Edit Lab (Mac). You will need your own personal Mac formatted external hard drive (specs will be provided after registration).
Click here for Edit Lab open hours.
PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE