July 31, 2018 — August 9, 2018
Tuesdays + Thursdays | 6:30-9:30 p.m.| 4 Sessions
Introduction to editing styles, concepts, and techniques using Final Cut Pro X. Bring your own footage or use provided footage. Get comfortable with the software, and editing workflow.
- How editing (sound and picture) creates meaning
- Features and layout of Final Cut Pro X software
- Setting up a project and organizing your materials
- Defining what you are trying to accomplish
- Principles of continuity: matching action and montage editing styles
- Experimenting with rhythm and pacing
- Adding sound effects, text, music, and narration
- Basics of titles
- How to trouble-shoot along the way
- Get Instructor feedback and guidance for your editing
Bring to class: A Mac formatted external Hard Drive. Call our Equipment Room for recommendations at 503-221-1156.
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of Mac OS and general desktop navigation including: creating a new folder, labeling a folder, mouse functions, saving to a specific location, drag and drop.
Tuition includes free access to Film Center Edit Lab between each class session and for a week after last class (i.e. access through August 16th), subject to availability.