September 25, 2018 — November 27, 2018
Tuesdays | 6:30-9:30p.m. | 10 Sessions
More than simply operating a camera, cinematography is the art of crafting images that support your storytelling and communication goals. In Digital Cinematography, students will gain proficiency in the core tenets of camera work—composition, focal length, lighting, exposure, and focus—while also exploring their expressive potential and developing a personal cinematic style.
• Using composition to convey character and intent
• Methods for consistent and intentional exposure
• Lighting for mood, tone, and depth
• Manipulating space and size through focal length
• Calculating and altering depth of field and executing rack focus
• Understanding video formats and workflow
Tuition includes all needed camera and lighting equipment. And for those proficient in digital editing, access to the Film Center Edit Lab.