16mm Bolex Camera Operation
January 12, 2019 — January 12, 2019
Saturday | 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Explore the unique potential of 16mm film as an analog storytelling tool. Learn the basics of loading, metering and selecting appropriate film stock. Handling of the cameras will be extensive. Gain the confidence needed to shoot on your own after the workshop.
- Components and technical operation of the Bolex
- Characteristics of different film stocks and filters, how to test film stocks
- Loading/unloading film, setting the diopter, tripod mounts
- Metering of incident and reflected light
- Setting exposure
- 16mm workflow in the digital age
- Options for processing film and transferring to digital for editing
- Options for NWFC Bolex camera rentals
Pre-requisites: None, though basic knowledge of photography will be helpful.
Interested in giving a unique look to your film? Try hand-processing in our Super 8mm and 16mm Processing and Handling workshop taking place on Saturday, February 2nd.