Thanks to a very generous donation from our friends at Koerner Camera Systems, we are excited to offer this amazing low-cost resource to benefit the independent filmmaking community. The Alexa is a top of the line digital cinema camera designed for feature films and high-end commercial productions. It is universally known and coveted by cinematographer’s and directors for it’s tonal range, color space and latitude.
So you want to rent the Alexa?
Some basic knowledge of cinematography, as well as experience with camera operation and care, is required to rent this camera. Additionally, it is necessary to attend one of our Alexa Camera Operation Workshops for rental certification.
The camera kit includes:
- (1) Arri Alexa EV Classic camera body with top handle, rossette grip handle, audio cables, power cable, 15mm rods, and an Electronic View Finder
- High speed license allowing up to 120 fps
- (1) Dynacore DS-190A gold mount battery, (1) DS-220A Gold mount battery, plus a Dual battery charger
- Dovetail balance plate tripod mounting system with holders for 19mm rods (not included)
- Comes with a Leitax Canon EF lens mount system with the option to switch to PL mount (for an extra fee)
- (1) 64gb SXS Pro card, (2) 32gb SXS cards and a Sonnet Echo SXS card reader
- Zeiss T* f3.5 40-80mm SLR zoom lens with Leitax EF mount, focus gear, and 80mm front
*Production insurance is not required, but there will be a $1000 credit card authorization prior to rental of this camera to make sure that the insurance deductible will be covered should a claim need to be filed.
*Please note that this camera is intended as a resource for the independent film community working with relatively small budgets. For commercial work or big budget features, we encourage you to go to Koerner Camera for your rental needs. Additionally, it is said that this particular camera has a dead pixel that is only visible in certain extreme situations. We have yet to find it ourselves, but it is worth noting. Camera availability is subject to Equipment Room rules and regulations. Please contact the Equipment Room at Ext. 30, or the Equipment Room Manager at Ext. 31 for more information.